This Disappears When Logged In

How to breed Emperor Scorpions

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by nguyentrachuy, Mar 3, 2011.

1. nguyentrachuy

nguyentrachuy Active Member

Dear all,

I got 1 male and one female Emperor scorpions. So i want them to breed. What I want to ask is:

Should I keep the male and female together in the Tank? Or keep separate?

PLease give me an advice.

Tks so much.

2. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I have kept a colony of 1 male 2 females in the same large enclosure for years.

3. FantasticDamage

FantasticDamage Well-Known Member

I'll be the first to say I don't know much about scorpions or breeding insects. However, the general rule of thumb for most exotic pets is to keep them separated as much as possible. Obviously they need to be together to do the dirty but you don't want them getting stressed out over each others presence either.

Now this is just an observation I had last year but at the exotic animal shows they always have the scorpions together in the same plastic bin, I'm sure problems arise but I'm not sure how often. I would watch the scorpions closely when they are together to make sure they don't fight.

4. FantasticDamage

FantasticDamage Well-Known Member

5. nguyentrachuy

So your scorpions give you babies already?

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

7. nguyentrachuy

8. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Thank you Michele!
    Yes, We had a bunch of babies born last year, all but 5 of them survived and all but 3 have been adopted out, I couldn't resist keeping a few to watch them grow;)
    Sadly my adult male and one of the adult females passed away over the winter, I got them both 2 years ago, and have no idea how old they were since they both came to me full grown :(

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry to hear about their passing away!:(