This Disappears When Logged In

How Often Do Ball Pythons Shed?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by LEGEND, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEGEND

LEGEND Active Member

I understand the entire process can take anywhere between 10-14 days however how often does this occur?

2. makiwan

makiwan Elite Member

I've had mine for 2 months, and so far, he's shed twice. I think newer ones shed more often, but someone with more experience should chime in soon. :)

3. mambaman

mambaman Elite Member

Depends on the age and how often its fed. The more its fed the faster the snake will grow hence the more often it will shed. Correct me if im wrong but I think its about once a month give or take for the first year or so.

4. LEGEND

LEGEND Active Member

So this Wednesday will make it 2 weeks since I've bought my little friend and I was told that it was about 4 months old. I've fed it twice now and mentioned to you guys about his eyes going milky and then going back so I'm EXPECTING him to shed soon but its good to know that the amount it eats makes a difference as well. Makes sense.

Thanks

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

It depends on how how much/often they're fed and how fast they grow. When my snakes were babies they shed alot more often than they do now. As they age the growth slows down so they don't shed as often.

6. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

i've had my corn since march and shes shed twice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.