This Disappears When Logged In

How Much Uvb Does My Reptile Need?

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by murrindindi, Jan 31, 2016.

1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Qwerty3159, Darkbird and Kristof like this.
  2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Wow :) obviously I looked up Sceloporus first :p and I would love it if the species list took a wider account for some variants. That said this is a great tool in knowing you UV needs. Now to figure out how to save it...

hat will have to wait a bit as I most likely have to pay for the ability to save the file, but it seems I can print it... weird...

Brain not working, Japanese language class and color management class have done a number on me today...

========================
    Just shoot me... it's already hiding in my downloads file... /cry....

Darkbird likes this.
  3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Nice, that almost needs to be a sticky or something so it's easy to find here.

Merlin likes this.
  4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

so printing that. It's also nice to see snakes listed there - I feel that though many snakes don't seem to require UVB, many of them will often be exposed to it in the wild, and it shouldn't be dismissed as readily as it is.

My vet (back in FL) swore by UVB for arboreal and semi-arboreal snakes.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

and on that note, everyone I have spoke with that said their mangrove snake had an attitude problem kept theirs in a rack.

In speaking with other keepers, they say the day/night cycle is absolutely necessary for them, and that they are only aggressive at night.

A rack is perpetual twilight, which might be fine for Ball Pythons.

Just a random brianstorm.