This Disappears When Logged In

How long have you owned your herps?

Discussion in 'General' started by Inphormatika, Oct 24, 2004.

?

What's the longest amount of time you've ever owned a herp?

1. 6 months

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. 1 - 2 years

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. 3 - 5 years

18 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. 5 - 10 years

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  5. 10+ years

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I had my four Leopard geckos for about 4 years. that's the longest I've owned one yet. Then I gave them to a good friend when I moved, he probably still has them too.

2. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

The first time through with my oldest son,
    Collards (really miss the Collards) for 4-5 years
    Rose Tarantulas for 5 years or so (very popular with Teachers for observations)
    Iguana for 3 years (became too aggressive found a new home)

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

well ive had mt CWDs for about a half a year, and I had my Iguana for 5 years..about, lol....he was a 6 footer, I gave him to a woman who houses lizards that cant be taken care of anymore, lol..i had to move to boston :(

4. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

We had our Iguana Napoleon for about 10 years and our box turtles are just approaching the 10 year mark (although one of them is about 45 years old).

5. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

i had my first herp in 2003, my white's tree frog. He's like almost 2.

6. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

11 years old 1994 i had a bibrons gecko for my frist herp then at 14. 2 corns which i,v still got .the bibrons died 3 years ago

7. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Elite Member

I got my first Green iggy when i was 16,had him for about a year, when i lived with my dad. But when i moved back to my mothers house my step-dad hated it. my iggy Oscar(the Grouch) was a good judge of character,he didnt like my step-dad either.About a month after moving back he let oscar go and blamed the dog for opening the cage. Then after being married(years later) Reptar (my daughter loves the RugRats) joined our family. Sadly to say only to be stolen off the back patio in the middle of the night. Reptar was around 3yrs. old.

8. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

We have had al of our iggys going on 7 years. Iggy was a hatchling when we got him and he is 7 now. We have aquired Miss Zak and Bam-Bam in the past 4 years.

Debbie Iggy Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

9. ssswoman

ssswoman Member

My first Boa, a hatchling, was with us for 20 years, Java my second Boa also a hatchling received two years after Tut just turned 20 this past x-mas.

ssswoman
    :cool:

10. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

my first rep was a corn that i had for 3 years until i moved to spain.gave her to my friends i think shes still alive today

11. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

3 years is my longest, 2 months and counting is my shortest (not counting baby deaths, poor little fellas).

12. zaroba

zaroba Elite Member

hmm...think my longest was a painted turtle i caught as a baby in 1999.
    had him for 5 years. i'd still have him now if he diden't escape from his pen.

13. chrisandbk

chrisandbk Active Member

we are still new at this and the kids and i are loving it, we got our chinese water dragon in october 2005, and our bearded dragon in november.

chris

14. lizlover5

lizlover5 Well-Known Member

I had my first chameleon live about 4 or 5 years. That is the first her I had so, so far none have beat that yet.

15. Bob

Bob Member

Our first was a set of Balls and have been aquiring more since, the balls are just over 2 years old.

16. Marcel_h

Marcel_h Member

My amelanistic corn is atleast 15+ my dad bought as an adult when i was 10-11 and i still have him(i'm 25 now). My ball is around 10 years old. And my oldest red eared slider is 10- 12 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.