This Disappears When Logged In

How long have you owned your herps?

Discussion in 'General' started by Inphormatika, Oct 24, 2004.

?

What's the longest amount of time you've ever owned a herp?

1. 6 months

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. 1 - 2 years

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. 3 - 5 years

18 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. 5 - 10 years

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  5. 10+ years

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

What's the longest amount of time you've ever owned a herp? I'm just curious.

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

I had my first corn snake when i was younger for perhaps 3 years. Our collection now began almost 3 years ago. We got one, because i missed Oscar, and they just kept growing!! :p

3. cman

cman Elite Member

ya about 1 to 2 years some where in there

4. Mark

Mark Elite Member

My iguana, Bob, is a little over 9 years in my care and I bought him as a hatchling. I had two anoles before him, for about a year.

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

My wife,,,,,22 years,,,she's a viper !!!! just kidding...hahaha..... Had a wood turtle when I was 6,,,,he died when i was 16

6. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

lol, that's dangerous territiory there Ken :p In my case, its a tiger salamander. I've had Tiger for 11 years now, going on 12! Second place goes to a bibron's gecko I had for 8 years.

[​IMG]

7. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

i owned my first herp ever an iguana for a little over a year... would have had him longer but we moved and werent able to take him with and gave him to a good family friend at the time.

8. venus

venus Founding Member

I got my first BP Christmas 2000.

9. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

Furry, can you show a couple of pics of that tiger salamander? Some full body shots, more mugshots, and other stuff? That mug is just too cute!

10. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Just over a year now, my first snake was my Garter.

11. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

Longest i ever had was Shiba the snake for like 12 years, however does it count if my dad had it before i was born? If that doesnt count, 7 years with Water Dragons! (char is about 6 1/2, her birthday is in april. I think she has plenty more to go!)

12. mad_professor99

mad_professor99 Elite Member

When I was 9, I got two anoles for my birthday...they lived close to 3 years I think. Right now, I have my 3rd and 4th anoles, Big Stank Li'l Poot...had them close a year now. And of course, my lovely iguana Camille has been with me one month TODAY!!! YIPPEE FOR HER!

13. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Spazzy my iguana

I have had her going on 8 years and she was 2-3 yrs old when I adopted her...that makes her 10 or 11...

LOL @ Ken...you are brave to make remarks like that LOL....

Lyn

14. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

Well lizards have been around beforei can remember i think my sister had a pair of anoles whne i was very small, :D their one of my earliest memorys :D
    i've always brought snakes,frogs,slalmanders, and turtles home. i think my first real store bought herp pet was a pacmen frog who i was told ate his five cage mates becuase he was the only one in the cage the morning after the petstore got them. i dont remeber how long i had him but my real addiction strted with Icarus my Mali Uro i got him about 5-6 years ago?

15. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Spectre

We've had Spectre for three months. He's our first ever herp. Pumpkin Jack comes in 2nd at 2 weeks :D

16. lola

lola Elite Member

i got my first leo, schwan, about 6 years ago. she's my oldest lizard.

lola

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The longest was my Iguana I had back in the 70's. She was around 10 years old when she died. Oldest currently are 2 4yr old Ball pythons and 3 1/2 year old cornsnake.

18. beardiehaven

beardiehaven Member

I have a box turtle that i have had since I was five he is now about 25 years old I guess I started young

19. boyblue

boyblue Elite Member

when i was 6yrs old my uncle gave me my first herp which was his savannah monitor. of coarse i had my moms help with him. he was the first and nicest reptile i have ever owned by far. well he was a year old when i got him and he just passed away a few months ago, im 21 now so that made him 16yrs old and 15yrs in my care.

20. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

My sinaloan milk moved in with us on January 17,2005.Hope she will be happy with me for the next 20 years!! Soon to come:cornsnake,bp,and when I raised the babyfish and sold them,I'm seriourly thinking of getting a leo for that tank.They fascinate me!
    love
    Jacky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.