This Disappears When Logged In

How Long Does It Take Cricket Eggs to Hatch?

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by SweetDragonlady, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetDragonlady

SweetDragonlady Elite Member

How long do I leave the dirt with the eggs in the incubating box before I decide that they just won't hatch? :confused: (Here's hoping I don't either drown them or cook them, but as this is my first try I wouldn't put it past myself.) Wish me luck! :)

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

From my reading the eggs will hatch in 7-10 days.

3. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Also when they hatch they are so small you will not be able to see them. I left mine in a cage for about a month because I gave up on them. I went to clean cage out and had a thousand little crickets. It take patience.

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yep, I usually find mine just when I have given up on them hatching.

5. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

How can you tell the icky from the eggs (yes that is a highly scientific name)? Or can you? Are they supposed to chirp all of the time? I used to love the sound:rolleyes:

6. schlegelbagel

Eggs are white and in the dirt. They don't usually poop in the dirt unless you don't give them a choice.

7. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

So I can change the egg crates daily? I have to recheck the sheet- sorry if my questions are redundant... I hate the smell of cricket; I thought mealies could cause fatty liver in Leos. I would rather breed those! I worked really hard on the stupid totes (yeah they are stupid because I struggled!!). My son is going to be really impressed that I can tell the boys from the girls (unless he already knew how to tell).

8. schlegelbagel

Your leos can live just fine on Mealies. If i could get my frogs to eat them, I would breed them too. The frogs could care less though. You can change the egg crate as much as you want, as long as your dirt is in a separate dish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.