This Disappears When Logged In

How Long Can Leo Go Without Food????

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by mld, May 19, 2010.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

One of our members leo hasn't eaten in 2 months, How can we help the little guy. The post is from Iamsam and is named zilla jumpstart, I know if it was me I would be concerned.

2. Medium

Medium Elite Member

I had a Leo that had a parasite and lost all her weight inside of three weeks. She could not hold any food down. If the Leo is still alive after 2 months I would count that as lucky. I have responded to that post, hopefully they will see a vet. I would not want my Leo to go more than 4 days with out a good meal.

3. mld

Thanks for responding to their post, I agree it's been too long without food.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I responded too, if an animal like a lizard hasn`t eaten for two months, given that everything in it`s environment is o.k and it`s not brumating, I personally would see a vet.

5. mld

Thanks for that, I would be seeing any type of vet I could find. Have you looked at the picture of him on their home page, he looks a bit lethargic, I'm new at this stuff but I was getting a bit worried about the little guy.

6. Medium

Medium Elite Member

It's good to have a caring person as yourself, sounds like Sam is a little better now. Hope to hear more in a few days.

7. mld

Thanks, Yes Sam has been through so much.