This Disappears When Logged In

How Does It Look?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Mar 12, 2005.

?

What do you think of the new look?

1. I like it!

48 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. It's ok.

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I don't like it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I liked the default more!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I didn't notice !?!

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    As most of you have noticed by now, this site has gone through a transformation. With the increase in members, we needed a style that was both appealing and faster loading.

Now that the new style is implemented, what does everyone think?

Is there something you don't like?
    Is there something you would like to see?
    What could be different?

Your feedback is appreciated.

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I think its great Rich, I really like it, a real transformation, you done a great job, I keep looking at the banner too, that is soooo cool, I love it :p

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Is that Clyde on the banner?? :D

Looks great Rich,. although I have to say I was somewhat shocked when I first clicked on! :p Good job. :)

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Looks awesome Rich,,,,easier to navigate and more pleasant to the eyes. Great job as usual.

5. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Looks awsome!

What would we do without you? :)

6. Mark

Mark Elite Member

Great clean new look.

Any plans on moving back to the bulleted forums page, that design was great?

7. Rich

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean Mark. When I think of bullets, I think of this:

• One
    • Two
    • three
    • four
    • Five
    • six

Unless you cant see them, they are currently:

*One *Two *Three
    *Four *Five *Six

Both are bulleted styles, but the new layout is in columns opposed to a single row. Could you clarify for me a bit?

8. ribbit2

ribbit2 Elite Member

i love it , it is more vibrant and as always easy to navigate around in here

9. SpindleHead

SpindleHead Elite Member

Looks fantastic Rich, best yet.

10. Mark

Mark Elite Member

This is what I was refering to, multiple columns of bulleted links rather than a whole row like default. It was still the default when I posted that.

This clean now look is great, really sets HC apart from the plethora of other rep forums and boards.

Great going Rich

11. fuse

fuse Elite Member

COOL!!!
    i jus joined in time for the changes!!!

12. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

More color?

Hi Rich,
    I think you're doing a fantastic job with this site.
    I personally liked the blue color better but all the other changes look great!!! I like the new banner A LOT and the whole thing is easy to navigate.
    I voted "It's OK" just because of the color (which I'm slowly getting used to). Everything else is fabulous!!! :D

13. wing

wing Active Member

hey rich i would look alot better if u got rid of the gray.its just to dark.go for somthing brite. :D

14. Rich

Hello,
    Thanks everyone. Which Gray are you referring too wing? I could make some changes.

15. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

i think the site looks great. one thing i don't like is the new little file folders that tell you whether there's a new post in a forum, whether you posted in the forum, etc. its too hard to make out cuz they're so small. thats it though. i think the rest of the site looks great. i love the green thingies(?) with the HC on them that are yellow when there's something new in the forum. they're neat! :D

16. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I like it! I prefer the blue too but this is ok....

17. cman

cman Elite Member

Hey I have been gone for a long time and i havent seen any of the new changes so this morning when I came on I was in total shock this place is really looking cool good job

18. Leslie

Leslie Active Member

Rich, I think you've done a super job too and it looks awesome, modern style, love the wee lil' geckos on the edges of the separators etc. I too liked that big ol' Iguana but the new bunch of herps must make everyone kinda happy to see an assortment. One thing that I find difficult is the post icon colours that show if it's new, hot, etc. Can you use blue or red or a few others to help people quickly see what's what? I have difficulty differentiating between some of the beiges.. I see a bit of outlining on the hot thread with new posts and some blurring or hourglassing on hot thread with no new posts but it's not so clear... just curious..otherwise this place looks terrific!

19. Rich

Hello,
    I am glad that everyone so far seems to like it. I will be re-doing those images, and the new ones will be much easier to differentiate between.I myself don't like them either. lol

20. Rich

Hello,
    I re-did the images. Are those easier to navigate with? (I am referring to the images that depict if a thread has new posts, no new posts, locked, etc.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.