This Disappears When Logged In

How Do You Keep Potted Plants In An Enclosure?

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by Alexis hawkins, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Alexis hawkins

Alexis hawkins Active Member

I have pothos and sansevieria, but I don't want to plant the sansevieria in the enclosure and go fully bioactive let until Iam really to move them into their FINAL enclosure. So I've decided to keep them in pots of cocopeat in the enclosure, because if I don't go fully bioactive I still have to change out the substrate. Or at least I think I do? I still planted the pothos directly into the coconut husk substrate, and it seemed to take the stench out if the enclosure but I didn't add a drainage layer and I hope the occasional snake pee will be good enough fertilizer for it because Iam not going to add "cleaners" or inverts to eat the poop to break it down to fertilize the pothos. But the plants that I keep in pots will not have roots into the cage substrate so how do I fertilize them safely in the enclosure around my boa?

2. Alexis hawkins

3. Alexis hawkins

Do u think I need to take the potted ones out of the vivarium to apply the organic fertilizer?

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I would remove the plants and then wait for a period of time before placing them back inside (it should give details in the instructions).

Alexis hawkins likes this.
  5. Alexis hawkins