This Disappears When Logged In

How Do I Make More Room??

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by aromatherapykim, Mar 4, 2014.

1. aromatherapykim

aromatherapykim Elite Member

Hi everyone! I'm stuck at the point that I am out of room in my apartment for more tanks. I have been looking into getting vision cages or stackable cages to replace what I currently have but they're so pricy! I love having all my beautiful tanks on display around my apartment so I'm really not hot on the idea of a rack system. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make space or good but affordable stackable tanks?

2. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Unfortunately, "affordable" and "stackable" commercial enclosures don't go together.

If you don't want a rack system, it's going to get expensive. However, maybe by selling some tanks, you can offset the cost...

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You might look into industrial type metal shelving to stack your tanks on. It would be the equivalent of a rack system except with glass fronts.

4. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Good call, Merlin.

5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

DSC01419.jpg

I had these regular 20gal tanks made with "side" opening split screen tops. Gorilla Rack, the name of them when I got it at a big box store, holds 3 side by side this way. Sure you have a smaller front window but you can arrange the interior so they look fine from the side. My rack would hold 9 tanks this way, something I have been careful NOT to mention to my wife :p

DSC01431.jpg
    Bluegene.jpg

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Aside from putting all the available tanks on shelves look into converting furniture into a tank as well. Like a coffee table can house a snake fairly easily or a leopard gecko (pretty much any animal that doesnt need lights and can have just a heat pad for warmth). Who needs closets when you could have large arborial set ups instead?
    Kitchen cabinets? BAH!!! Who needs those? its not like you need dishes and food storage and all that junk! Order pizza instead! ;|(|

7. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

NOT giving up my cookware storage :p Much to my wifes dismay LOL ... Ok so I have a few pieces of cast iron cookware... few dozen... but I NEED that much...

Some pretty cool looking set ups are from old furniture cabinets.