This Disappears When Logged In

How Do I Keep Crickets?

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by AmandaH, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

When I see roaches, I squish'em. :p

2. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

I agree wholeheartedly! ;)

3. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I would NEVER do that :p
    I simply mention that they are easier to keep and don't smell as bad;)

4. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Crickets DO smell pretty bad...and I have decided that cricket poop (esp accumulated from several crickets) is pretty much one of THE most disgusting things EVER! haha Only second to green beans roaches of course... ;) :p

5. AmandaH

AmandaH Active Member

Alright, so I made my terrarium all pretty with rocks and sticks and moss and hiding spots. But now I'm worried that the crickets are going to be able to hide too well from the gecko. Is this something I should worry about, or are geckos great hunters?

6. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

You can always slow them down by putting them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. That way they don't move while you dust them and when they start to twitch the gecko's should "hunt" them

7. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

Lol that's hilarious.

You could always dangle the cricket in front of your gecko and hand feed if you'd like to. I've done that a few times with mine, they actually like it :p

8. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Oh of course not, never;):D:rolleyes:

9. AmandaH

AmandaH Active Member

I just fed Joanna for the first time and it was awesome! She's quite the little huntress.

10. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

11. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

No, Steve would never talk anyone into switching to roaches -- he bully's them until all their defenses break down and they just give up and get some!:p

But then you find out they are not so icky, and sooooo much easier than crickets! But as Dragoness said, not everyone can get them - some states have rules about breeding them.

I had smell issues with the crickets, and they didn't last long enough - I was buying them too often. So until I found the roaches, I stuck with mealies and superworms - those are easy to take care of too, and last longer.

12. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I never "bully" I simply pass on 1st hand experience with them and let the person make their own decisions :p

13. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

<snort> :d:d:d

14. TheRoachRanch

TheRoachRanch Elite Member

I'm totally biased on this subject. DEATH TO ALL THE NASTY STINKY CRICKETS!!!

-Ian

15. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

MY crickets don't stink!

You can't legally ship me roaches, so I don't have much chance of converting to your ways until I leave this backwards state. ;)

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Maybe try palmeto bugs?

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I would try if I could catch any - those buggers are FAST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.