This Disappears When Logged In

How Big Should a Fullgrown Female Burmese Pythons Cage Be?

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by themourningstar, Jun 4, 2013.

1. themourningstar

themourningstar Active Member

Hiya, people! Been awhile, and Im sure this has been answered before, but Im trying to get a more or less definitive answer. Google is giving me too many different answers. :l Im wanting to build a duplex, one cage below, one cage above. The dimensions I was thinking of using are 4ft wide, 8ft long, and 6 ft tall. The height would be a one foot shelf on bottom, an 18 in cage above that, a 1ft shelf/ radiant heat panel/ light area above that and then another cage, thwn another rhp and light.thing. The question boils down to, is 18 in of vertical height enough for an adult burm? Thankssss

2. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

About 2.5-3 feet high is the proper height you would want for an adult burmese.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Supposedly the largest snake in captivity was a Burmese named "baby" which topped 400 lbs and was 27 ft long.
    But this would be a rarity.

4. themourningstar

themourningstar Active Member

Sigh, yeah I figured itd have to have more vertical height... :/ I googled Baby, Merlin, the great and all knowing wikipedia said that after that one died, it was only 18 something foot. Didnt see anything about weight, but that sounds waaaay obese lol

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not saying it isn't true but I tend to take anything on Wikipedia with an extremely large grain of salt! Any body can put anything on there.
    And National Geographic lists baby as being that size. Whether or not they actually verified it or just took the parks word for it I have no knowledge.