This Disappears When Logged In

How Am I Doing?

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by KelleyB, Sep 15, 2017.

1. KelleyB

KelleyB Member

Well, this is my first time on a forum like this, hopefully I'm doing everything right haha.

I got my leopard gecko Tango a month ago, and I love him to bits (assuming he's a boy for the time being). I basically just want to get some opinions on how I'm doing with everything! I want him to have the best life I can give him, so any tips would be great!

I've got him in a 20 gallon long, tile as a substrate, an UTH. I was feeding him mostly crickets, but I think I'll start transitioning to mostly mealworms, since he really seems to enjoy those (I haven't noticed any digestive issues in the two weeks he's been getting them). He is definitely more comfortable with my hands and my presence but I wouldn't say he's at the point of "liking" me handling him.

I don't have a scale to weigh him, but he's just under 6 inches. Not quite sure how old he is, I'm guessing around 2-3 months (if you've got a better estimate, let me know haha).

So yeah. How am I doing so far? Is there anything you guys think I should be doing differently? How does his tail look, I'm worried it isn't getting thick enough.

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

I don't see any pics attached to the post. Crickets are healthier because you can gut load them, but also include other varieties of inverts. Think long term health, humans can't survive on just eating one kind of food either, variety is health! And don't forget to dust with calcium/d3!

3. KelleyB

KelleyB Member

Hmm, I attached a pic of him, it must not have posted. I do plan in continuing to give him crickets as well, and I have been gutloading and dusting, as well as keeping pure calcium in his tank.

Can you see an image attached to this? Snapchat-529232461.jpg

4. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Yes now I see it. His tail looks fine. It will get thicker as he gets older and puts on weight.

5. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Variety is good for these guys, mealworms, crickets, waxworms occasionally (fatty) are all good foods.
    Dubia roaches are the best staple but not everyone likes cockroaches ;)
    Looks like a nice healthy little guy you have there.