This Disappears When Logged In

Honduran Milk Snake

Discussion in 'Milksnakes' started by Drache Dame, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

I'm looking into possibly getting a Honduran Milk Snake, and I was wondering where I could find a reputable care sheet, and if anyone has any info on them. :)

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just follow the basic care for corns and kings.;)

3. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

That's easy enough! The guy I'm looking at getting is a beautiful hypo who's about 2 years old. The breeder says he hasn't been handled a lot, but he doesn't bite. What kind of challenge am I looking at in order to get this dude hand-tame? This is the guy I'm looking at. After talking to Loren of Sundial Reptile extensively last night, he told me that this male is much larger now and is feeding on f/t small mice. As much as I trust Loren as a breeder, how does this male look? Thanks!

[​IMG]

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Looks healthy to me. In my experience, the young tend to be a little nippy, and will even out a bit with age. If he's fairly docile now, I wouldn't count on him turning into an aggressive monster. He'll probably be quite alright with a minimum of effort.

5. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

Thanks for your help! I've actually decided to go with a corn snake, as I think that it will fit my personality better. As gorgeous as this guy is, I just don't think it's in the cards.

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Sounds like a sound choice! Just don't forget to post pics. ;)

7. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Awe.. Corns are great snakes I've kept a great many of them over the years. Though have always love the look of the hondros but never got around to getting one till today. I'm a weak man, what can I say.

8. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I totally understand your "weakness" I am the same way! I would probably have hundreds of snakes if not for my pillar of strength(my wife)- she keeps a roof over our head and groceries on the table. ;)