This Disappears When Logged In

Holiday Herps

Discussion in 'General' started by Microscope Jockey, Dec 18, 2004.

?

Do you include your herps in your holiday celebrations?

1. Yes, definately!

36 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. No, definately not!

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Hmm, never thought to

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Maybe I will, we'll see

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Do you include your herps in your winter holiday celibrations? If so how?

Today while I was at the salon my stylist inquired about Godiva's (my female BP) health as usual and then asked what she was getting for the holidays and I wasn't really sure how to answer. I remembered somebody had decorated all thier cages so I thought I'd come in here and pose the question again to you guys :)

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

definitely,,,,,,,Tolkien is a x-mass baby and the best Oaketee ever. So of course she's involved. I just haven't figured out how to decorate her christmass rat dinner yet !!!

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Gift wise, yes. I get all my critters presents (which gets a bit expensive). Other than that though, I don't do much with them for the holidays. No decorating or nothin.

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

This is the first Xmas with my two snakes...they already have more presents under the tree than we do!! Just little stuff... the back-up replacement heat lamp and other stuff I can't divulge here because my husband is going to open their presents for them!
    It's fun... and they're A LOT easier to buy for than family members!!!

5. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I will definately getting my critters for xmas, prob new cage furnature, and some juicy lcoust for the beardies dinner, not that they don't get locust every week anyway, but will prob get more in for them, i usually buy them as a treat twice a week, dont know what to get Champ tho my chameleon, he has locust all the time anyway, and wax worms, so im a bit stuck there, and i might decorate the cages a bit don't know yet, depends if I get the time :p

6. HerpBabe448

HerpBabe448 Well-Known Member

The lizards get waxworms and the snakes get mice.

7. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

We'll probably get Spectre a couple of pinkie treats because he still adores them even though he's really "too big" for them and eats small adult mice now. One time we only had a large fuzzy to give him, and it was a bit too small, so we supplemented it with a pinkie. He ate that as fast as lightning, and ignored the fuzzy for the longest time looking for more pinkies. Now he always ignores the adult mouse we give him to spend some time checking to see if a pinkie might be around. He has to make sure that the adult mouse is all he's going to get before he gives in and eats it. So I think a Christmas pinkie or two would make his day! :D Of course, we might regret it the next time we offer adult mouse and he spends an hour looking for pinkies instead! :eek:

We'll probably give the other snakes some cage furniture because their tanks aren't as decorated as Spectre's is. :)

8. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

yes,fletcher my corn is getting a new hid.the wood pile in a pain to take down and put up when he gets moving around. and my toads are getting a bigger tank.

9. Matt_D_C

Matt_D_C Elite Member

Red and green crickets for everyone!

10. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Im getting a bunch of new stuff for my herps for x-mas (books, plants, decor) so they are included in my x-mas, just not so directly. Its all for me they just get to use it ;)

11. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I love my babies, and if I'm going to include my cat then heck yeah I'm going to include my herps, I gave them wax worms for Thanks Giving.:p But for Christmas I'm going to get them something for their cage. :D

12. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

Well my extended family will be here and they aren't to herp friendly, so absolutely no

13. Desiree

Desiree Subscribed User Premium Member

The lizards are on our Christmas cards that I send out every year :)

example:
    2004 - Beach themed; http://www.beachy-iguana.com
    2003 - Sleeping lizards; not sure where I have a file of that uploaded.
    2002 - Christmas near dusk :) http://picture.com/display.asp?ID=1167004

Now, I'm not sure how to juggle 2 iguanas and 2 bearded dragons. Last year, it was amusing for the beach-goers. I had a tripod set up and straddling a big iguana, one dragon held down with one hand, and the other dragon with the other. When 3 minds all decide at once to not cooperate, it makes for a lifeguard laughing his brains out.

des
    des@ircf.org
    http://desircf.blogspot.com
    http://www.IRCF.org
    Be a part of the solution; join IRCF!

14. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

Our herps always get for the holidays. new items for their enclosures and always special food. (whatever is their favorite meals) The beardies and iggys always make out best. Being here in Florida there are always exotic fruits and veggies in all the supermarkets.;)

15. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Have you tried Canberries with your Iggys. I was thinking that would be a great treat.

16. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

My babies will sooooo be included in our Christmas celebrations this year. I just got them 200 silk worms so they will all get a pre Christmas treat!!

I might decorate the cages but I'm not too sure on what is safe for the interior (if anything) and may put some lights around the outside.

Presents for the lizards here are a regular thing - I am always buying them stuff but they may get an extra special something ;)

17. allie&shadwell

allie&shadwell Elite Member

This is Shadwell's first Christmas...of course he'll be part of the celebration! He's about 11 months old now. We have ornaments on our tree that say "Baby's First Christmas" - my father bought them for each of my 3 children - do you think somewhere there is a "Lizard's First Christmas" ornament??!! Planning to get Shadwell a new and bigger foodbowl, and some mealworms - I have only gotten him crickets before as I can't stand the sight of the mealworms, so it will be a real sacrifice for me and a real treat for him!!

18. Kirsty

Kirsty Elite Member

This is Odins first xmas and as he's only 5-6 months old it'll be like a babys first xmas. He's already got a heat mat, repti grass, some new calcium supplement seeing he has decided he doesn't like nutrobal. And when i go food shopping i'm sure he'll get something really nice for xmas dinner.

19. angel

angel Elite Member

I voted maybe only because this is our first year having any- lol. We include the cat, so why not everyone else too?!
    Angel

20. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

They each get there own stocking, all my pets do, it was a tradition that started when I was a baby, I used to complain because our dog never got any presents, so my mom started giving our animals stockings, since then I have still done it. They are parts of the family too, and I have no children yet, so they get all the spoiling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.