This Disappears When Logged In

Hide and Seek

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Aeryn sure seems to like her new space! She was cruising all over the terrarium last night -- through live plants and up and down the perches etc. This is more space than she's ever had in her life, but she seems OK with it so far. (We'll see how she eats, as food-refusal is often a sign of stress.)
    We had a scare this morning, though, because we couldn't find her anywhere in the terrarium! Through the closed glass there was no sign of her whatsoever! Even after opening the door and sticking our heads in, it took a while to find her... she was (still is!) curled up on a perch next to the door under a leaf about the size of a dollar bill --- just perfectly hidden and nicely camouflaged on the bamboo perch.

Whew!! that was a relief. I was SO careful to design that terrarium so that such a tiny snake can't escape, but I really started to get worried when we didn't see her.

I'm going to post the pics here really soon! (I took some, but my husband, "ChrondroDoc" decided to take better ones with his camera!) :rolleyes:

2. BlackJack

Pics

OK here is Aeryn hidden under and behind the leaves:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

And here's a shot of her terrarium with an arrow pointing to her new favorite hiding spot: (She's really well-camouflaged!!)
    [​IMG][/IMG]

And here's a pic of the split terrarium with arrows pointing to Aeryn (left) and Crichton (right):
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I hope you enjoy the pictures! :)

3. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

lol man if those red arrows weren't there i never would have found either of them! i can see how you guys missed her! :D

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Great pic Andrea. Another to add to my collection, lol :)

5. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Thanks for the pics,Andrea,I really enjoyed them!Sooo cute little babies!I was going AAWWW while looking at them,lol!

6. Paleosuchus

Paleosuchus Established Member

Beautiful chondros and wicked enclosures. Nice to see large enclosures for that species.
    -jason

7. BlackJack

Thanks Jason; we were a bit concerned for Aeryn because since hatching 3 months ago, she was living in a rubbermaid just a bit bigger than a shoe box with just one perch. But she does not seemed stressed by it at all.
    At night they both explore their whole terrariums top to bottom and get a lot of exercise! They will get much bigger enclosures when they grow up.

Now that I've seen how active they are at night, I really feel sorry for Aeryn's parents that were kept in plastic Neodesha cubes that were not much bigger than what Aeryn has now. (Crichton's mother had a great floor-to-ceiling enclosure with lots of plants.)

8. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Oh wow! Fantastic pictures! AND now that my husband is at work and not sitting right here next to me looking over my shoulder, I can say.............

I want! I want! I want!!! :p

BEAUTIFUL snakes and enclosures!!!

I want bigger anclosures for all my snakes some day, but for now, they'll have to manage in their 20 longs....except for Spectre who is housed in a palatial by comparison 30 long. :)

9. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Sweeeeett!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.