This Disappears When Logged In

Hi Looking for Some Input

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Tas38, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tas38

Tas38 Elite Member

Hi I have made some changes to my enclosures and would like some input on what I could do better . I just had a Golden Gecko given to me and am trying to put together an enclosure for him/her and wondered if I am even close with what I have here:
    [​IMG]
    These are the rest of my guys:
    Anoles:
    [​IMG]
    Basilisks:
    [​IMG]
    Bearded Dragon:
    [​IMG]
    Hope I did this right...still catching on to the forum posting thing:D

2. venus

venus Founding Member

I think they all look great except the beardie looks like a step child, lol. Try adding a background, maybe a fake bushy plant in the corner by his cave for some color. What do you have as his flooring?

I fixed the beardie pic for you.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I agree with the background idea. Even one of those 3d textured rock ones. They make a huge difference.

4. Tas38

Tas38 Elite Member

I know, and he is my favorite too. He pecks at EVERYTHING so I am scared of him ingesting something. Tried live plants he ate them all lol. The fake rock background I had took away from the precious little room he has in there. I am gonna build him a bigger enclosure. He is on reptile carpet. That is his salad all over the place. He was ticked I gave him salad and made him eat some before he got his crickets :)

Thanks for fixing the pic by the way :)

5. venus

venus Founding Member

You might try switching the reptile carpet for some tile or shelf liner. I use shelf liner cause its easy to clean and you can get it in different colors.

6. Tas38

Tas38 Elite Member

What about this?? To much?
    [​IMG]

Luckily I bought out the pet store before I quit. :) Lots of goodies hanging around for enclosures.

7. Tas38

Tas38 Elite Member

Haha gotta share. My son came up and says mom something smells weird downstairs. 2 HOURS ago I put a stick in the oven for the Golden Gecko enclosure and forgot it. Hehe. No bugs alive on that one.

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Even just one of those desert fish backgrounds would make it look better!

9. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think it looks fine. :) And I doubt the beardie cares that much. :D

Definitely he'll need a bigger cage, though. Already looking a bit cramped for him. You'll probably need something at least twice that size. That'll give you much more room to decorate. :)

10. Tas38

Tas38 Elite Member

Yeah I am having one built actually I just found a guy on Kijjijji who does it for a decent price.It will be 5'long 2'wide 2'high. Crush seems confused by the new decor...keeps taste testing everything looks disappointed when it isn't edible. HeHe

11. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Active Member

Looks good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.