This Disappears When Logged In

Hi Everyone,

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GHall648, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHall648

GHall648 Member

My name is Greg, I am somewhat new to the herp / reptile side of he house. My past experience is in more the aquariums. Recently I made the move and after much research and deliberations, now owns a trio of basilisk. Unfortunately, it's two males to one female. I am feverishly working to complete a much larger ( 62"L x 24" depth x 5' high) habitat with a 65 gallon aquatic area and 24" x 24" substrate are. before the males start to squabble. I would like to thank all of you up front for any and all input and assistance offered as this project progress. I will be glad to add pics as I learn to navigate around this site. Many thanks to the moderators and other that make this all possible to all of us. Looking forward to chatting with all of you and hopefully contributing as well. Thanks, Greg.

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center Greg!

I just want to state that even with a much larger enclosure, you might still have dominance issues with the basilisks and might still need to separate them.

Take a look around and let us know if we can help ya with anything!

3. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Welcome to the site :)

I don't know much about basilisks but I will help as much as I can ;)
    (and so will everyone on here :))

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Can't wait to see the pics. Glad you have a larger enclosure under way already. Sounds like you have a good start.

5. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Welcome to HC!

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Welcome Greg! I don't know much about basilisks either but if I can help with anything, please let me know.

7. GHall648

GHall648 Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am planning on leaving one Male in the current habitat. probably the one that doesn't steal the caceilean worms food. although he is the best looking one. Of course you know this means I will be out trying to find a second female and that's how it starts. (that's why my basement is referred to as the "neighborhood zoo". Thanks, again. everyone. Greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.