This Disappears When Logged In

Hey Guys! I Need Some Help O.O

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by 904cresteds, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 904cresteds

904cresteds Elite Member

Ok I got a job at a herp pet store. Everything is swell but, the shop has a smell issue. Its not that bad to me, but, my boyfriend says when I come home I smell like a farm animal covered with aspen bedding. lol We breed rodents and have ferrets and crickets. All three make a smelly mess. lol Any tips of keeping the smell down? It would be great!

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

I've been there! I never noticed the smell either much. lol I used to work in a pet store that had rodents, ferrets and crickets as well and it does cause quite a stink! Especially when they're all set up around the same area. Are there any windows or doors that you can prop open that are far away enough from the animals not to cause any drafts, but to still keep some air circulating? Sometimes just having some fresh air in the building helps. I myself haven't really come by anything that would work on a large scale.

In my room however, I have my three snakes and my bird. I cannot use things like frebreeze around my bird or candles, incense or things like that as they have too much of a strong odor. I can't really use cleaning sprays or anything either. So I have found that one of those reed diffusers seems to work pretty well on keeping the room odor free, but still not have a strong scent where it would bother the pets. Maybe you could use something like that set a little away from the animals so the smell won't be so strong.

Or you could just jump in the shower as soon as you get home! lol. Thats what I did so I could throw my stinky clothes right into the washing machine :D

3. 904cresteds

904cresteds Elite Member

lol hah! I was thinking about plug in's etc. Our bedroom smells fine. We have a tree python, day gecko, and some cresteds in there, no smell. Mammal's make the most stink >.< urine, etc. Our sugar glider has a bad habit of peeing outside of the cage. Funny how he only does that when I dont give him food that he likes o.o lol. I'll try some of those. Thanks alot for replying.
    :)

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

I agree, mammals do make the most stink lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.