This Disappears When Logged In

He's Turning Blue...

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by CrazedHoosier, Aug 23, 2017.

1. CrazedHoosier

CrazedHoosier Active Member

Recently my leopard gecko Pardus has begun getting blue spots on his body. They are behind his eyes, and where the stripes on his back are disappearing. There is no blue on his belly. He eats perfectly fine, drinks water, and sheds all normally. He's around 2/3 months old. His size is 14 grams, 6.5 inches. He was from Petco, so I have no idea what he'll become as far as morphs go. I want to know if this is normal and not a health concern. Help, anyone?

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Post some pics of him so we can see what you are talking about.

3. CrazedHoosier

Instagram
    This was the best picture I could find. You can see the blue above his eyes, and sort of a discoloration on his back stripes.

4. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

The blue above the eyes is normal. I think it's just because the skin over their eyes is somewhat translucent. Mine had that when he was young and as he grew it became fainter and fainter.
    I don't see any discoloration on the back, could you explain exactly what you think is off? That looks like normal coloring to me :)

5. CrazedHoosier

The stripes on his back are fading and sort of turning blue. Now that I think if it, it could just be because the stripe is fading and getting lighter.

6. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Again, I don't really see any blue on his back. I see normal gray and lavender coloring on the large bands. When they're hatchlings they often look quite different from they do when they're adults and as you said its probably them turning lighter.

7. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Nice. That blue on the eyes is kind of like you seeing the eye under the skin I believe. As the coloring changes. Not sure on morph but looks to me like he's just having a pattern change.