This Disappears When Logged In

herps vs. everything else

Discussion in 'General' started by furryscaly, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Ok, I saw there was a need for a new poll in here, so I tried to come up with an interesting topic (emphasis on "tried"). So I was wondering which pets te the homes here. I know everyone here has an interest in herps, but in the home, do the herps outnumber the rest of the pets, or is the opposite true in most cases? Back home I have far more herps than all the others combined. What are the stats in your home?

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

In my place? The herps far outnumber the warmbloodeds, including the humans!

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I'm about even 5 snakes, 11 lizards, 3 torts, 3 turtles, 2 toads and 6 frogs (31) vs 2 dogs, 4 holland lop bunnies, 1 amazon parrot, 9 hamsters, 16 mice (32).

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Nope herps outway everything...42 bearded dragons, 1 uromastyx, 1 water dragon 4 snakes, 1 gargoyle gecko, 1 webbed foot gecko, 2 RES and 1 Boston Terrier, oh and 1 scorpion.

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

5 dogs, 3 cats, 1 iguana 2 BP, 1 corn,(yup i got a newbie rep) lol
    And 10 breeder rats.....

6. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

The fish USED to have the lead :p At the moment there are three LARGE fish, three lizards, and five snakes ;)

7. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

:eek: That's a LOT of beardies. Are you a breeder?

As for me, my sig is all I have. I did have a random attack of the "fuzzies" (i.e. desire for a pet that has fur), but I realized that my schedule wouldn't allow for a regular outside potty time, and my apartment isn't all that big for one anyway.

8. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

2 snakes, 2 Leos, 1 salamander, 2 dogs

9. Python John

Python John Elite Member

im working on it!

lol

1 corn, 1 bp, 1 red tail boa.

(my dad is supposedly getting an ig when the cat dies)

and 2 dogs, 1 cat...and like, i dont know how many chickens my momma has.

but i wanna get at least one more smaller snake sometime...like a western hognose...i saw an adult....*heaven*

lol

10. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

hmmm well ok...here goes

3 dogs, 1 cat 1 hamster, currently 10 rats,
    5 iguanas 1 tarantula a few random crickets lol...
    Lyn

11. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

DO crickets count ???? (i raise my own)

12. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

8 Snakes 1 BD, 1 Chameleon, 1 Ringneck Parakeet, 2 Dogs, hopefully more herps to follow :D so yes, herps rule......... :D

13. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

:p No, crix don't count. Iif they did my herps would be horribly outnumbered!

14. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

the warm blooded creatures outnumber my herps. i only have 2 snakes but i hope to soon add a third. but still in the house we have 2 dogs, 1 bird (mine), 2 snakes (mine), and 2 rats.

15. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Only one reptile so far (we're working hard to change that!). The rest are 1 dog (spaniel mix), 1 hamster (long-hair), 1 bunny (dutch), 2 betta fish in the small tank, and 8 fish (2 Australian Rainbows, 1 Giant Danio, 4 Buenos Aires Tetras, and 1 lonely Julii Corydoras) in the big tank. We had one more fish until yesterday when King Danio crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. We'll miss him...we had him for 8 years!

16. venus

venus Founding Member

Yes, i just had my last clutch hatch. I still have a few left from the other clutches.

17. cman

cman Elite Member

4 fish and 1 snake vs 2 cats and if we r gonna count people then its a tie so ya

18. cman

cman Elite Member

and ya that is a heck of alot of berdies lol i couldnt imagine how much work lol

19. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

2 male corn snakes crush and crown
    2 male cats stripper and spot (black and white)
    love them all but the corns don`t meow at 3:00am to go outside lol

Attached Files:

20. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Love the pics Skullman :) I'm a huge cat person! Can't wait to buy our own house away from the main road so we can get some cats!

As for herps vs other animals, I'm with Merlin...
    :p
    Hmm we're up to: 26 snakes, 9 lizards (increasing to 11 this weekend, or 23 if you count the baby beardies and collareds we have at the moment!), 4 frogs, 2 Ts, 2 preying mantids, 4 giant african land snails VS 1 chinchilla and 6 (pet!) rats. And there's Joe and I ofcourse, but we are definately out-numbered :p
    At my mum's we also have 3 cats and a dog, but the herps are still way in the lead :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.