This Disappears When Logged In

Herping Equipment

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by Jecko, May 17, 2013.

1. Jecko

Jecko Member

what things should i take herping other than a snake hook and the normal stuff to take hiking

2. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Uhh what exactly are you trying to do, go out and catch snakes?

3. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I don't think anyone on the internet is going to tell you what to take with you to herp. There's an honor system, and you never know who out there is doing it to poach and engage in other unsavory activities. Further, if you go out, please please please do not flip stuff over, dig through wood piles, etc. and destroy microhabitats these animals rely on for survival. Please put things back exactly as you've found them! And finally, if you're asking what else you should take with you, I'm inclined to suggest that you not touch anything you'd need a snake hook for. No disrespect intended. :)

4. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Most people that Herp do not go alone. You have to respect a wilds environment, you can observe them and watch. When handling them you will want an expert trained in the field.

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Take a darn good camera so we can see what you find. ;)

6. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

A field guide for what ever species you are looking for. I generally bring along three of mine one each on herps, birds and mammals.

7. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Now that is a great answer...LOL...I am such an animal protector...it gets in my way...hahahah