This Disappears When Logged In

Herp Safe Paint?

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Flint, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Hey All!!

2 questions. First, what type of paint should I look for to paint the inside of a cage? Not for sealing purposes, I've got that covered. The cages will be sealed and covered in white primer. But I have 2 artist friends who will be helping me build, and I'm sure they will want to decorate them lol.also one of the cages is going to be in a pre school classroom and I want the kids to finger paint it. So what kind of paint would be best for the inside? I'm not so worried about the outside obviously.

2nd question. A friend had an idea that would be really kool, but right off the bat my instincts told me NO don't even consider it lol. She thought I should put a small bit of paint on the cage surface, and let the snake that will live in it slither on and through the paint. So it would spread the paint around and leave a "snake print" lol. I think it would look awesome, but I don't want to think of what would happen if a snake injested wet paint :( so is there any way that could work? Maybe hold the snakes head and let his body drag throught the paint? Idk. It sounds like a bad idea to me, but I thought I'd ask you guys in case there is a way or some other colored substance that is harmless to snakes.

Thanks for reading!!

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Acrylic paints are safe!

Not sure about the snake painting thing though! Someone I'm sure will let you know!

3. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Awesome ill be sure to have some acrylics ready for them to go nuts with haha I can't wait!! Its going to be a cage construction extraveganza. I'm going to buy all the materials, go to the studio where my dads tool are, and the 3 of us will pump out 5 cages in one weekend lol.

Yeah I'm not too sure about it but if there is a safe way to do it I think it would look rather interesting!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Acrylics or the latexes that are labeled as safe for childrens bedrooms. But you will still need to seal it.
    A REALLY dumb idea!
    If you want to do something like that use a rubber snake to make your impressions.

5. Flint

Flint Elite Member

LOL yeah I figured as much. Ok, that's out the window. My 2 friends will be tagging up every square inch of the cages anyways with the acrylics lol