This Disappears When Logged In

Herp Keeper Challenges

Discussion in 'General' started by Microscope Jockey, Nov 10, 2004.

?

Which aspect of herp keeping is the biggest challenge for you?

1. Temps

12 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. Humidity

11 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. Feeding

7 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Lighting

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Shedding

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Breeding

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Caging

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Hmmm, I think it's all good fun

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  9. Trying not to get MORE herps

50 vote(s)
    47.2%
  10. No opinion at this time

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Which aspect of herpetoculture do you feel is most challenging and why?

2. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Trying to resist buying more herps!!! Did I hear a rumor of a 12 step thingy??? :confused: oh well that is just one more thing I have failed at!!! :D

3. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I think its all good fun

Herps are my life and all the stuff you mentioned is just a whole load of fun to me....for the humans in my life, its chores, but for the herps, fun ....Lyn

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Good poll idea!
    The desire to get more is probably the most CONSISTENT challenge!
    But at the moment, I have to deal with reptile mites -- and that's a really major challenge!! :mad:

All the other stuff listed is part of the enjoyment of keeping for me! :D

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

The worst part is trying not to get MORE herps....I'm such a 12 step failure! :p
    Then comes feeding, then shedding, then finding more ROOM to put tanks and cages!!

6. fo0d

fo0d Member

Ditto.

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

All the fun !!!!!

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Without a doubt,....Resisting buying new herps!
    Especially all those poor neglected animals I see in pet stores!

9. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I find it hard work sometimes keeping on top of everyone, but i enjoy it, so its all good fun for me, I just love looking after my babies, I would be lost now if I didnt have them, don't know what I did with my time before I started keeping them. :rolleyes:

10. steveig2

steveig2 Elite Member

hardest thing ive found is humidity but thats becaus im trying to keep an entire room to that specific humidity i fill the humidifier at night before bed and again in the morning before work right now it says 63% humidity which isnt bad for the igs but is horrible on the pc :p oh well soon ill begin building an enclosure for them aftre all this time being freeroaming i willbe able to regulate temps and humidity so much better

11. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

i have a hard time with temp,it` either to hot or to cold just can`t find a good balance

12. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I can't decide between its all good fun and trying not to get more.
    So I am going to go with breeding, because it is tempting but I don't want to add to an already overflowing population. (the challenging part is not doing it :D )

13. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I really want more, but have no room! Also, not enough money for some of the more exotic ones I'd like. Ahh, I'm unwillingly excelling at the 12 step program! Its no fair!

14. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

12 step programe, whats that now, :p I have forgot :) i want more and more, my wish list is huge :eek:

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats the distance between the vendor's table and the cashier!

16. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

LOL :D I had to vote "trying to resist buying more" didn't I!! :p

Although in all seriousness I think feeding is a big challenge, esp with 26 snakes, most of whom decide to be fussy or take their time (they do it on purpose!! :D ) - it takes hours to get through them all!

Too many herps, too many herps,.. what are we going to do when we both start working full time?! :p

17. cman

cman Elite Member

trying not to get more thats the one lol its really hard as u all know lol!!!

18. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

definitely trying not to get more. they're so addicting! :D

19. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I want them all!

My problem is wanting too get too many more herps! there isnt hardly room in my bedroom for me anymore lol! Oh yeah and not eating for a week cause you needed to buy stuff for my babys! hehehe :D

20. El SD Fan

El SD Fan Banned User

go buy a dimmer from a hardware store near you, and plug it in. its a cheap and easy rheostat. with the use of a thermometer, you will be on your way to appropriate temps in no time. also, as long as you meet the requirements of the temperature gradient, a few degrees never hurt anything. they are pretty good about bing ectothermic (since that is what they do). :)
    Danielle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.