This Disappears When Logged In

Hermit Man!

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by purplemuffin, Sep 5, 2011.

1. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is another of brooklyn's pets. We're trying to find him some healthy friends so he can have a little colony going, but we've only found sick hermit crabs around us :(

I wish the rest of the pics had come out. After this last photo, he turned to the camera, ran at me with his claws out, and attacked the camera! So funny!

2. Flint

Flint Elite Member

haha hey hermit crabs can be vicious if they need to be!! I had one a long time ago, cute little guys :)

3. purplemuffin

They're so cool. I can't wait til he gets GIANT... It's fun giving them the right set up since stores have their care so wrong!

4. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Ooh how big will he get?

5. purplemuffin

Google big hermit crab.. :D they get pretty big. They seem to get bigger in the wild, but there is still a lot we don't know about hermit care, so we do our best. The biggest I've seen was larger than softball size. In the store we got him they had one that was too big to fit in my hand! A lot of it has to do with food variety and availability of bigger shells!

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

They are cute. I love their little faces. :D

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I love their eyes, and how they pop out!
    We have tons of hermit crabs at a nearby beach, great to watch, my daughter used to spend hours watching them.

8. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

My daughter had one that weighed 1 1/2 lbs, he was huge! and such an awesome guy, we had a ton of fun with him

9. mld

Oh my! that is huge, please say you have pictures:)

10. purplemuffin

Wow!! Sounds like a beast! This guy is still tiny! His shell is about an inch long.

11. mld

I just googled giant hermit crabs, they can get up to 10 pounds:eek:

12. Paige

Paige Elite Member

So cute! I love hermies! They are definately amazing in the correct set up where they flurish! Sunds like your lil dude is something :-D

13. purplemuffin

He's pretty awesome! We've been feeding him a good variety of foods and he eats anything! I love giving him little treats :D