This Disappears When Logged In

Here's Goes My First Custom Iguana Habitat Attempt.

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by hcfwesker, Oct 13, 2011.

1. hcfwesker

hcfwesker Elite Member

I've got the cabinet doors and glass on it, finally. Just giving everything about a week to air out, as I work on designing the inside decorations.

14wwxt2.jpg

513rq9.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks good! In fact it looks a lot like mine!
    IMG_1415.jpg

Attached Files:

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You`ve done a great job, well done!

4. justor

justor Elite Member

Looks really nice. I think you're iguana will love it.

5. hcfwesker

hcfwesker Elite Member

Thank You everyone so mich for the positive feedback. It has been a long process, but have enjoyed it so much and definitely couldn't have done it without all of your great advice! :)

I gave everything almost 2 weeks to air out, and finally got the enclosure and everything all set up.

Yesterday was Krycek's last day in his old stuffy home. It was so funny watching him as he was so fixated on the new enclosure while I was setting everything up after getting it in place in the corner of the room, he couldn't take his eyes off what I was doing.

All the temps have checked out great so far, I'm using digital thermometers with probes and getting 94-97 constant in the basking area, with 84-88 on the cooler side of the basking shelf/resting branch. And about 72-75 down below around his food.

Far Away View

14iop6v.jpg

Bottom Area ( wasn't too sure how to set this up, but he seems to find his way around and to everything with plenty of space to get around)

akfonp.jpg

Peeking his head out from behind the brush.

1z2g6dh.jpg

Getting a little more relaxed and less camera shy

348pseq.jpg

Now he/she's right at home.

2jbr6yw.jpg

And, I'm going to dress all the wiring away ... just gotta run an extension cord to my timer surge protector gizmo.

Attached Files:

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks like your Iguana is enjoying the new habitat! He's gorgeous!

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You`ve made a very nice job of it, are you planning on fitting more branches, there seems to be quite a lot of "wasted" space, particularly because they like to climb so much (thicker, too)?

8. justor

justor Elite Member

Looks great, but yea... if you add some more climbing branches they will not go to waste!

9. hcfwesker

hcfwesker Elite Member

Thanx, everyone. And, and oh yeah, I know there's plenty more areas I can take advantage of. I just needed to hurry and get him out of that 18x18x24 inch enclosure :D

I'll have updates on additions soon. :)

10. justor

justor Elite Member

Sounds good. Lookin forward to it. :)

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice!