This Disappears When Logged In

Here we go again!

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Jem_Scout, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Well 2 more momma rats had babies early this evening.
    I counted 11 (I think) in one and 10+ in another. The moms were pretty restless, so I left them be alone to do what they have to do.
    Only one more female to give birth and then they will all get a break for awhile. I hope to have a better baby count in the morning. I think they may have still been giving birth when I checked up on them.

2. venus

venus Founding Member

woo to many babies for me. I have to feeders right now that are in a tank because no one was hungry. My luck I will have babies like you, this house seems to be a breeding ground (except for me) thank goodness. lol

3. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

You better watch it Venus.... we have 5 kids!! (all gorwn or in college now tho)
    There are 4 different sized snakes here so we won't have a problem feeding any babies off....I hope :p lol
    My daughters friend called and wants a female rat and she also has another friend that wants a male ...
    Maybe I'm onto something here if I do end up with any extra? ;)

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Is there a type of rat called Siamese? This first set of babies sure look like Siamese cats' colors to me!

5. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

That smoked shading will surface now and then even among the white lab rats. We have maybe a dozen rats right now with the siamese shading. They came from a white father and a blonde mother. Our breeders are white, blonde, and piebalds.
    Oh, by the way. Just to stick a good natured pin in your baloon..... Yesterday there were about 100 new pinkies. :D :D

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Fran- You have 100 brand new pinkies?? WOW! lol

7. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

:D :D :D Nothing out of the ordinary as we have 25 breeding trios of rats at all times along with 20 breeding colonies of mice that each have 6 females with 1 male

8. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Fran-
    And to think Venus was thinking I'M the CRAZY one!! LOL
    How many snakes are you feeding? Or are you breeding for a local pet shop?
    Sorry Fran...you're more rodent crazy than I am :p

9. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

I was feeding 140 snakes and 20 beardies. Now I am just feeding 22 snakes. Actually the rodents are no longer mine. I sold them lock stock and barn to my "ex" and her husband. The rodents and the barn are still here as they are looking for a new place to live. Part of the sale agreement is that my snakes will always eat for free and while they are still here I receive 10% of the gross sales. There are other herpers and breeders and dealers here in Central Florida that buy these mice and rats.

10. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yes there is. There's also himalayan, which looks similar. I've had a few himalayans through the years, but currently I have a mismarked japanese hooded and two mismarked berkshires, all females.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.