This Disappears When Logged In

Help?

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by tmwattsman44, Feb 16, 2013.

1. tmwattsman44

tmwattsman44 New Member

Can someone please help me with this. I just recently got a brand new setup and a new snake. I already had a snake but both of them are not eating... Would it be because of the new enclosure or would it be something else I have a lamp on them and a heating pad under that with a water bowl on the other side. The cage is pretty big and I take both of them out and put them into smaller containers for feeding. They both have not eaten. It is time for both of them to feed again and I was just wondering. Thanks

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

If they're in the same enclosure and new to both of them that's why. The new one wont eat till it settles in and the one you had wont eat because of the new one. It's best to keep both animals seperate. Also you're at risk of the new one you don't know may may be carrying something that has not shown yet and could infect the other. Should always keep apart when adding a new one into your collection. Snakes are not social animals and personally I would recommend you seperate them, being together will stress them out. Same sex will make it worst and opposite sex only come together when mating....

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

It is best for you to separate them and leave them separated for the reasons Joey stated.