This Disappears When Logged In

Help ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'Blood Pythons' started by Myhammielove, May 16, 2012.

1. Myhammielove

Myhammielove Member

I have had My borneo blood python for a few weeks now. When my boyfriend opened the box the snake was shipped in, and took her out, we noticed her mouth looked odd, we later discovered she had a mouth full of substrate and wasnt trying to get it out. we removed the substrate and put her in her cage to get aclimated. Now two weeks later , we noticed what we think is wheezing, and she is foaming or bubbling from the mouth. Im thinking this is a respritory infection, I dont get paid till next week to take her to a vet (if my city even has a vet that are knowledgable of snakes) so what can I do in the mean time? I really need suggestions.

2. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

Raise the temps and humitdy slightly. A few degrees. How are you keeping it? Temps? Tank size? Heating? Substrate? Thanks

3. justor

justor Elite Member

4. Myhammielove

Myhammielove Member

I have I I believe a 100 watt basking bulb and a night time viewing and heat bulb for extra heat. The gage is reading 90° now. I have a humidifier on and in the tank, this particular humidifier does not fog kthe tank up, a water dish and hide log. Substrate is coconut fiber. The tank size is a 40 gallon for this baby. I do have a ten gallon tank. Would this be a better tank for a baby? Im thinking she was delivered to us with this condition because she just was not looking up to par when we got her.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

How are you measuring your temps and humidity! Dial, digital with probe or strip?

6. Myhammielove

Myhammielove Member

Im using the round temp and humidity gages one is near the snake and humidity is sticking on thr side of the tank

7. Myhammielove

Myhammielove Member

Santa barbara is close enough! Very helpful

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Best of luck!

May I suggest investing a few dollar into getting a digital thermometer/hygrometer with a probe. Those dials have a tendency to be in accurate.

9. Myhammielove

Myhammielove Member

Thank you all for your help!