This Disappears When Logged In

Help With New Baby Jungle Carpet Python

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by tsuch21, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsuch21

tsuch21 Elite Member

I've noticed that in the day he is always in his branches. Not in the same spot but he is always up there all coiled up. But during the night he seems to always come down and go up the sides of the glass. And do stuff like that.

Why is he doing that? Is there a reason?

2. xanaxez

xanaxez Member

Most likely, he is just like most escape artist Pythons, he's looking for a way out when no one is around lol.

3. tsuch21

tsuch21 Elite Member

It makes sense because when I first got him each morning I woke up he had himself wedged in a quarter inch gap ledge that goes all the way around the top of the cage. That is now blocked off. I filled the ledge with rope

4. xanaxez

xanaxez Member

Mine still does that and she's in a 6ft high 4 ft wide and 3 ft deep cage I made. lol

5. tsuch21

tsuch21 Elite Member

Do you think waiting 2 weeks for him to settle in is 2 long. Will that make him more aggressive to start taming?

6. xanaxez

xanaxez Member

I myself wouldn't wait that long but a lot of people have different preferences. I'd had given him a few days to a week then start messing with him. I've heard that a lot of jungles even not messed with will tame down as a yearling or so but I don't know many that wants to have to wait a year or 2 before they can play with their new reptile lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.