This Disappears When Logged In

Help with My Lil Borneo Short Tail??

Discussion in 'Blood Pythons' started by sterlinglullaby, Dec 23, 2009.

1. sterlinglullaby

sterlinglullaby New Member

hey ... obviously new to the group ...

we bought a pretty 9-month old stp yesterday and she seems very handleable and even-tempered. of course, once we got her cage set up, we put her in there and are leaving her alone for a long while to get adjusted.

my only concern is that she keeps making this noise that may be a hiss very sporatically. she did it a bit as she was looking around her new home and then just every hour or two now. it sounds like a bike tire deflating or a balloon losing air and is very short. she's not open-mouth breathing, no gurgles or panting. is she just reacting to being a bit stressed?

2. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

That is what it sounds like to me. If she is not open mouthed breathing or making crackling noises while breathing she SHOULD be fine. However, I would suggest a vet visit once she is settled in. A wellness checkup is always in order for a new snake- especially for an owner who is new to snakes, or new to a specific type of snake. Ask questions of the vet and listen to what they say. You need to become the expert on your snake so you know when there is a problem. Welcome to the forums by the way. Feel free to post pics þoo.