This Disappears When Logged In

Help with 4 Month Old Water Dragon

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Tjjm, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

If the brown is shedding off into black then it needs a vet check as it very well could be necrotic.

2. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

Hi again the shed on his tail come off today and there is brown underneath where the brown come off so I think it's ok. I also put digital thermometers (decent ones) in just now and now just waiting for temperatures to settle cool end has settled on 78.4f basking spot has settled on 93.7f and just waiting for the one in the middle to settle now its currently on 82f and climbing slowly.

3. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

And also how do you guys think he/she looks he's loving his new home now I think he looks happy what do you guys think here he is image.jpg

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

He looks very spoiled! And happy!

5. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

I know it's like having another child in the house. But hey he makes me happy

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I completely understand!

7. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

Good it's not just me then? Thanks again for your help

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

No it isn't. I have put off some major repairs to various vehicle shuts so I can have the biggest cage possible for Tai. Now no fun trips this winter but hey Tai has a jungle gym!
    And no problem.

9. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

Have you got pics of your dragon and cage I would like to see some pics of others dragons and cages see if I can get some ideas for mine to improve it thanks

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

11. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

Oh my god nice setup and your dragon is stunning (also looks spoiled) I love the one where he's peeking out from under the ledge.thanks very nice dragon and setup

12. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Your dragon is very handsome. Just an fyi, water dragons do not regenerate their tails when lost. So any funny looking black tissue should be watched closely. It almost looked like there was a constricting band of old shed causing the indent. This will cut off blood flow and the tissue will die and fall off.
    I honestly can't say for sure tho as the pictures were a bit blurry.

13. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

Ok then thanks I will keep an eye on it and if it starts getting worse ill book him in to vet to have it checked. Thanks

14. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I had a very young hatchling that regenerated the very tip of his tail. But it was only a couple cm that was missing. I have noticed that Tai hasn't regenerated anything so I guess I was mislead about it. Sorry tjjm to have given you false info.
    The pic where tai is under the ledge is from when he dug around his pond. One day he got stuck so I decided to help him out and hurried pieces of PVC around the pond to give him tunnels to play in. It worked for awhile bt now he prefers his climbing sticks

15. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

It's so cute and don't worry about the information on his tail I read posts where some do and some don't regenerate so its ok. Also how old is tai by the way hes so cute.

16. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

I just read your thread about tais new enclosure and it looks amazing that's one lucky wd I'm just finishing an enclosure for my friend as he had wood and I'm a qualified carpenter it measures 5x5x3 lxhxd here is a pic we just got to put plexiglass over the fronts of doors and its done image.jpg

17. iRene

iRene Elite Member

Tjjm I just wished to tell you that your dragon is very beautiful! I am glad he is accepting you and reacting so well to you. He looks like a very happy and healthy animal!

18. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Tai is about 2yrs old now. That cage looks great! I plan on getting a qualified carpenter to make facades for the CWD cage and the turtle tank that would math the cabinets in that room but I figured I would do the structural work so it fits how I want it designed.
    If only I was talented in woodwork...

19. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

Yes and if only I lived closer I would help you out . Thanks again

20. Tjjm

Tjjm Well-Known Member

Hi can anyone help me again my water dragons been doing this today image.jpg and I don't know why his temps are 93 basking 85 ambient and 78 cool side. He has a 3ft fish tank to swim and he is eating fine can someone help please thanks