This Disappears When Logged In

Help - Tadpole/Froglet ID

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Loknu, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Loknu

Loknu New Member

We found these tadpoles a few weeks ago and managed to keep them alive, but now they are transforming and I don't know 1) what to feed them and 2) what kind of frog they are. They can climb really well so maybe some kind of tree frog? We found them at lake Burton fish hatchery in northern Georgia if that helps. My avatar picture is one of these frogs.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Hello and welcome.
    I'm fairly clueless to frog care. So I'll just leave it at welcome.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

no change really of identifying until they get a bit bigger. If they are climbing, then you are right, they are probably tree frogs.

What to eat? Really tiny bugs. Like really really tiny. Pinhead crickets or fruit flies.

4. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I would also suggest fruit flies. There is a article on how to cultivate your own on here somewhere. I don't have frogs yet, but am still doing research. Good luck, keep us updated and oh yeah Welcome to HerpCenter.

5. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Fruit flies are the best bet for them and if you can get some springtails for the bottom of the enclosure that will help in two ways, the frog(s) can glaze on them and they will help keep things clean, You can cultivate both fruit flies and springtails on your own and it's an easy thing to do. The flies should be powdered with calcium