This Disappears When Logged In

Help She's Driving Me Crazy!!!

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by landen58, Sep 20, 2014.

1. landen58

landen58 Member

OK, so ive had a female Greek tortoise for about a year and a half now and she is driving me crazy because she continually scratches on the walls and tries to get out of her cage. the only way to make her stop is to feed her because she's to busy eating to scratch, but once she's done she goes right back to it. she mostly does it in her hide which is sort of built into the cage, so i can't move it or anything. she might have always done this but i usually get up before the lights turn on so she was fed by the time she woke up, but i left before she had a chance to annoy me, but during the summer or on the weekend she wakes me up and i can barely stand being in the room because of her. I've contemplated getting rid of her, but i know if i did i'd probably regret it. she has a custom 4'x2' wooden cage(which is really loud when she scratches on it) with a hot spot of 98 degrees F otherwise the rest is just room temp(63-70) repti bark substrate, desert uvb florescent arc light over one half of the cage. please help i miss sleeping in and being in my room!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Gaaaaaaaaaard

Gaaaaaaaaaard Elite Member

I'm completely clueless on this entire topic but being the kind of person I am I have barely any patience for things like that so I feel your pain. Have you considered doing something to make it quieter? Maybe putting some kind of turf or carpet on the walls with a pad or something underneath? Padded and smooth may help. Some kind of outdoor rated carpet?

3. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

Is this a full complete box like enclosure or is it a tortoise table.... If it is a regular enclosure maybe look in to probably putting plexyglass on the sides.... And if a tortoise table maybe do the same or look into fiberglass sing the sides.....

4. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

I think I would go talk to our friends at the Tort Forums, they are devoted to torts.

Tortoise Forum