This Disappears When Logged In

Help Please

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Kellie722, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Kellie722

Kellie722 New Member

I accidentally closed my snakes tongue in the door of her cage. This was right before I fed her. She ate the mouse fine and didn't seem to have any problems last night. I worked all day today and came home and found her curled with her head up and her mouth open and her tongues not darting like it usually does. I feel awful and I have no idea what to do. I couldn't find any other info anywhere else on something like this happening. After I opened the cage to check her temperature she closed her mouth but still no tongue darting.

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, if it`s just a minor injury it should heal quite quickly, but rather than risk waiting to see I would recommend a vet visit asap.

3. Kellie722

Kellie722 New Member

Thank you. I couldn't get her to open her mouth so I could check if it's minor or not but I didn't want to go to a vet and have them tell me it's nothing.

4. mimo91088

mimo91088 Elite Member

Yes, a vet visit is really your only option. Not much you can do on your own. That isn't to worry you too much. Like Murrindindi said, minor injuries should heal quite well. But only a vet can know for sure what is going on.