This Disappears When Logged In

Help Needed Asap Injured Beardie

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Rosimals, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Rosimals

Rosimals New Member

I purchased a baby beardie from a local pet store today, he's injured. He got in a fight over a cricket with a sibling in the store, so i purchased him in hopes to give him a good life. His sibling tore off part of his mouth. He's eating and drinking through a syringe and is very active. The injury happened a few days ago so, for the most part, its healed a little. I need some advice, some care advice until I can get him into a vet. How often should i feeed and give him water, should i and how would i clean his injury, and any other tips. Please, I'll take any advice at this point. He also has a white tongue, which i know is a bad sign. Part of his wound is yellowing too. Please help!
    Here are some photos of him: Instagram

2. dp428

dp428 Established Member

a diluted Iodine solution is what I used on my Savannah monitor when he had a scratch and burn. basically, 1 Cap-full of iodine for every 10 cap-fulls of water. and use a Q-tip to apply gently.

Personally I would wait for Murrindindi or one of the others to reply but that was the option they gave me, but my animal is bigger so I am not sure if it would need to be diluted more for yours.

someone will get to you soon though

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Judging from the photos this is a serious injury. The animal may end up never being able to eat or drink on its own.
    Even then the Dragon will likely have issues with the mouth drying out.
    This is a case which seriously needs a vet, now. Whatever home remedies we could advise would just be blowing smoke.