This Disappears When Logged In

HELP! Mountain Horn Dragon Sick?

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by nikolmarie28, Sep 14, 2011.

1. nikolmarie28

nikolmarie28 New Member

I got my mountain horn dragon from someone who was giving it away because she couldn't take care of it. She (mhd) was not properly taken care of. she wasn't given any uvb lighting so she had brittle bone disease and couldn't really move much, wouldn't eat and was very dehydrated. She got very sick and developed a puss pocket in her mouth (smelt terrible) and she couldn't open it. We created an ideal habitat with uvb lighting and a mister to keep up the correct humidity and made a formula of mashed up meal worms and wax worms, banana, reptical, and leapin lizards electrolytes. Since then she became healthy and active, ate (alot) and turned a nice greenish blue color and the pocket subsided. A few weeks later i discovered this hole type injury where the pocket used to be. Here is a pic if anyone knows what this is PLEASE let me know. im so worried.!

Attached Files:

2. Alby

Alby Elite Member

That looks to me like she has a bacterial skin infection, likely the result of former poor husbandry (being too dry can cause skin problems like cracking, creating openings for bacteria to invade) or an injury coupled with her immune system being depressed.

Even though she's in good hands now (congradulations on rehabilitating her btw), it would still be a good idea to get her checked out by a good herp vet to make sure there are no other problems. It the infection continues to spread perminent jaw damage could occur.

3. justor

justor Elite Member

I can't really say what it is... but by the looks of it, it definitely needs medical attention pronto.

4. nikolmarie28

nikolmarie28 New Member

thanks so much guys! you're a great help =)

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yeah,i would also suggest a herp vet. Good you got her back to health as much as you can, but something like that might require some antibiotics.