This Disappears When Logged In

Help:missing Lip

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by ladyluck, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ladyluck

ladyluck New Member

My fire belly toad is missing the bottom lip..I'm not sure what happened. there is nothing in the tank that could have snagged the lip. no bleeding or anything just missing the bottom lip.. There are 4 other toads in the tank and everyone else is fine..still jumping around...I have never seen this before. all suggestions are appreciated

2. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Fighting maybe, I dont know. He might need a vet and seperated for sure.

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Do you use the aqua safe solution that helps fish with a protective slime coat? I think that may help. I agree that one of the other frogs got hungry and grabbed what it saw moving.

4. ladyluck

ladyluck New Member

thanks for the responses. yes i have been using the aqua safe. i'll separate him..it's weird bc there are always leftover crickets after i feed them..i guess it's really survival of the fittest :(

5. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Living crickets? They have to be moving for the frogs to spot them and eat them. On the other hand, crickets will nibble on your frogs too, so it always a good idea to have a piece of carrot or something in the enclosure for the crickets to eat.

6. ladyluck

ladyluck New Member

yeah they are living crickets. i didn't know about the carrot though. i will definitely put one in there. thanks!

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Crickets are only as healthy as what they eat, if you don't feed your crickets they won't have much nutritional value. Like already mentioned they will eat anything including taking bites out of your frog!:eek:

8. ladyluck

ladyluck New Member

i feed them the flukers yellow cubes (water), orange cubes (food), and dry food too. but ur right bc that's only when they're in the cricket cage..