This Disappears When Logged In

Help Me Please

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by McBurger, Jan 8, 2012.

1. McBurger

McBurger New Member

I have NO experience in reptiles, and I'm hoping to adopt (save) a tortoise from petco. I can't remember for sure what species they are, but I'm pretty sure they are russians. And I want to know what to do, I looked around the other posts, but I'm still pretty clueless. I live in upstate New York, and its winter so its pretty cold so I'm going to get a heat lamp, and I read they need at least a 4x4 foot enclosure, but I still need help :)

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

That caresheet should help. What are you planning to feed the tortoise? Keep in mind that by "rescuing" this tortoise you are only making space for the store to get another one in its place.

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

There is no rescuing from a petstore unless they are giving you the animal. You buy it, they made a sale, they profit, and treat the next animal they get in the same way.

5. McBurger

McBurger New Member

Thanks, I tried checking out the care sheet, but it wouldn't load, and the list of food they can eat I found is here: About.com: http://russiantortoise.org/edible_plants.htm
    I'll see if the link works, and at least it would help one tortoise.....and as for the others......well petco can just go die in a hole.