This Disappears When Logged In

Help Me Name My Male Crestie!!!

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by BAKER25UK, Nov 17, 2011.

1. BAKER25UK

BAKER25UK Member

I just bought an 18 month old Male crested Gecko, i have no idea what to call him! Can anyone help me out???

2. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Check out our name section on the site. Reptile - Pet Names There are lots to choose from there. Also if you could put up a photo that would help, and maybe tell us if you were thinking of going off of a theme?

3. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Call him Butters. :)

4. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

"Hey fellers!" I LOVE that show.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I agree we would definitely need a picture of the little cutie pie in order to name him, plus we love looking a Crestie photos ;)

6. BAKER25UK

BAKER25UK Member

Hi, just added one now my profile pic. Aswell as a name i was wondering if anyone has any ideas why he poops on me when ever i handle him, i really enjoy handling him but not a fan of the pooping!!!!!

7. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Unfortunately, it is very common for older juvenile or adult Cresteds who weren't handled very often to "poo on you" when you remove then from their enclosure....(The only one of mine that ever did this was my Kanga, whom I got from a petsore when she was almost an adult..NONE of my others, who I have raised from hatchling size, ever do this.)
    It has been suggested that you first reach in, and hold onto the Crested, while keeping it in the cage..it will more than likely poo pretty quickly (while still in the cage)....at that time, you can take it out and you should be fine.
    Eventually, the more I handled/held my Kanga, the more she got used to me, and now she no longer "poos" on people..but it took quite a while for her to become accustomed to being handled..