This Disappears When Logged In

Help! Leopard Gecko Tank Pests

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by amh20, Nov 23, 2014.

1. amh20

amh20 New Member

I have had my gecko for a little over a year now and have never had an issue with any tank pests until now. But after I fed him crickets we noticed these little brown millipede looking bugs crawling on his log. At first there were 2 that we saw and we figured the heat would kill them or they would get dehydrated or starve to death. But today I looked again and I counted at least 3, and one of them was tiny and looked like a baby, and it has been almost 2 weeks since they first appeared. I have been scouring the internet trying to FIGURE out what they are and how to get rid of them (I don't now if they are harmful to my little guy). At first I thought they might be the dermestid beetle larvae, but they aren't fuzzy and look too big. I tried attaching some images of one in here, but I am not sure if it worked.

Attached Files:

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

from the pictures, they look like they may be mealworm or superworm larva. Have you fed any of those in the past?

3. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Idk about superworms but mealworm 'larva' are exact mini copies of the adults. They pupate and then become beetles. Pretty sure super worms are exactly the same. Its probably some type of 'cleaner' bug that ended up in with your feeders, but I'm still unsure on a lot of bugs myself.

Definitely know its not a mealworm. I raise those myself.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

It does resemble a young superworm but they are usually thinner at that length from what I recall.