This Disappears When Logged In

Help Identifying Please!

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by Mira777, May 25, 2017.

1. Mira777

Mira777 New Member

I live in NW Washington, this lizard was found in our warehouse at my work. They think it came in on a freight truck; appliances, so nothing to do with foliage that it could've ridden in on.

It's about 6 inches long snout to tail tip, however its tail does look like it's a regrowth. Its body is an inch in diameter. I can get a better picture looking straight down on it for head shape, but it's fairly narrow. Scale size and shape are the same on its belly as its back. Very smooth.

From the tons of lizard pictures I've looked at, so far my guess is Northern Alligator lizard but I want to be a lot more sure so I can provide proper care for it. I can't tell if it's eating and drinking, I have had it for 2 nights now and was not set up whatsoever to house a lizard (i have 2 cats, one of which is extremely curious and gets into everything, in a smallish apartment so keeping it safe was a concern.) I haven't figured out where to keep crickets that the one cat couldn't get to and set them free, and keeping them next to the tank in my bedroom isn't ideal (they'd keep me awake, even their moving around) so I have mealworms at the moment. But I know I need to get crickets, tonight hopefully, so I'm brainstorming what to do.

Thank you for any help! 20170525_100220.jpg 20170525_100328.jpg

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It looks like a Northern alligator lizard (Elgaria coerulea) to me.

3. Mira777

Mira777 New Member

Ok! I'm glad that I've been on the right track then! Thank you!

Rich likes this.
  4. Wolf555666

Wolf555666 Active Member

Yep that's an ally

Mira777 likes this.