This Disappears When Logged In

Help Identify This Lizard Please

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by NeoLover, Nov 26, 2015.

1. NeoLover

NeoLover Elite Member

So a friend of mine found a lizard which had been on a pallet shipped from California. I will try to post the pictures on here later but can't at the moment for some reason. It is small, only about an inch and a half including tail (I think it's young) it is very pale in color and has banding on the tail and back. There's little lines on it's sides too. It has huge black eyes. It reminds me of a gecko but it doesn't have the ridges on its feet. It's tail is also rather skinny. Then again, it was without any food or water for approximately 2 weeks, so it's entire body but it's head are crazy thin. I'll post the pics here in a moment, so hopefully we can figure what the poor little guy is.

2. NeoLover

NeoLover Elite Member

3. billrogers

billrogers Established Member

Maybe the common house gecko (Hemidactylus frenatus)
    Heres a pic from wikipedia.
    Hemidactylus_frenatus.jpg

DwarvenChef likes this.
  4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I'm thinking the same thing, House Geckos are common all over the place nowdays. They have established foot holds all over the states in wild populations.

Easy enough to care for, not unlike Day Gecko care sheets.

5. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

The fact that it doesn't have the toe pads was kind of throwing me off, but it does look a whole lot like a house gecko.

In the second picture you can see that the forelimbs have thin bent fingers kind of like what you would see from a leopard gecko though it's obviously not one of those.

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

So that would need more information about the lizard you have. Can it crawl the walls or not. That would surely be a game changer :p

mshrmheadcharge likes this.
  7. Raymondk394

Raymondk394 New Member

Baby western banded gecko pretty neat find almost look like Leopard geckos when they grow up