This Disappears When Logged In

Help I Am New At This

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by reptibeginer, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reptibeginer

reptibeginer Member

Ihave A 40 Gal Long With A Baby Blue Belly Fence Lizard And I Have 2 Questions
    1. Do Fence Lizards Need That Much Space
    2. If Not Can I Divide The Tank With Plexi Glass
    And Put Fires Belly On Other Side

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

i don't know about space requirements, but with the little bit go research I did, The fence lizard needs temps in the upper 80s to lower 90s. FBTs want lower temps, around 70 to 75 and very humid conditions. I would think it would be near impossible to have 2 separate habitats in one tank, even though its divided by plexi. Not to mention its hard to create a heat gradient with a 20 gallon tank and all the research on the fence lizard suggests a heat gradient.

I would stick with the 40 long for the lizard and get yourself a 20 or 29 gallon for FBTs.

3. reptibeginer

reptibeginer Member

thanks for the advice but i think i can pull it off if i epoxy and silicone 2 pieces of plexiglass inthe middle of the tank w1/4"of space between them that should give me the 2 separate habitats and just use floresence linting on the frog side and let the heat from the lizard tank warm frogs cage to right temp what do you think

4. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

but you need a heat gradient. So a range of temperatures for the lizard. With that short of a tank for the lizard you would be unable to get the proper cool to warm range. It will control its own body temp by moving from the warm to cold side as needed, without that range the lizard is stuck with what the lamp puts out and no way to change on its own....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.