This Disappears When Logged In

Help!!!! Baby Pacman Frog Possible Prolapse?

Discussion in 'Horned Frogs' started by Kristof, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Kristof

Kristof Well Established Member

So to day I'm pretty sure I over fed my pacman frog. I fed him a small little feeder fish, and a nightcrawler. When he was done he has what i think is a prolapse coming out of him. I'm not sure if it is but I didn't notice this almost pink lump on what i think is his butt. I have a few questions:

Is this a prolapse ?

What should I do if it is?

And am I able to feed nightcrawlers to my little guy?

This is my first frog so I'm not too expirenced as you might notice. I hope he's alright though :3

Screenshot_38.png

2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Is this a prolapse ?
    Likely, but a zoomed in picture would give someone with experience a better look. It could just be a little bit of feces that didn't come out all the way - I've never owned these frogs. Did this occur right after feeding? If it occurred right after feeding it very well may just be a harmless piece of substrate or some feces. If it occurred some time after feeding, the time it would take for the frog to digest and defecate, it could be a prolapse.

What should I do if it is?
    There are home remedies you can try but I personally would see a vet.

And am I able to feed nightcrawlers to my little guy?

Certainly, nightcrawlers (not red-wriggler/compost worms) are a good food for most amphibians.

3. Kristof

Kristof Well Established Member

I'll try and get a better picture. And it happened during/right after feeding