This Disappears When Logged In

Help Asap

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Buggy0123, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

I came home from school and I go to my snake tank to see that he's in a.. sticky situation. Let me put it blunt- there's a small adhesive thermometer in the top corner of the tank (which I don't use, it's always just been there) and when I went to put it back up, my snake was stuck to it! I guess it had fallen and he went to investigate and ended up getting stuck. I took the thermometer part off but the sticky part is still stuck. What do I do?

Attached Files:

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Oil will help, just grab whatever's handy.

3. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Vegetable oil.
    It's going to make your snake very greasy though so afterwards you'll want to soak it in water a few times and even gently dry it to get all the oil off. If possible try not to cover it in the vegetable oil and only use it in the stuck area.
    Don't use anything sticky in a snake tank, either.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Mineral oil, vegetable oil. Either one should do the trick

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Funny thing happened to me regarding a stuck snake and my second oldest nephew...about 10 years ago, I get a call from my 35ish year old nephew. He had put glue boards out to catch mice, well a black rat snake followed the scent of the mice. Snake got stuck to glue board...and a bed sheet. I drove over to his house and he met me with a tennis racket in one hand and a baseball bat in the other. At this point, I figure there is an anaconda loose in the house and it ate the mice, the snake and the glue board too! My nephew (6 ft tall and built like a football player), is visibly shaken and terrified to re-enter the house. I go in and pull the bed sheet out from under his bed...I see the glue board and this 5 foot rat snake pulling to get away and becoming more and more stuck. I grab the snake and pour a bit of oil on it and gently disentangle the snake and ask my almost sobbing nephew if he wants the snake back. I got an emphatic NO I DON'T!!!! So, I start chuckling and call him "My Delicate Little Flower ( My nephew, not the snake)"! I tell him I will take the harmless little guy and show him to my other nephew...5 years old and braver than my athletic 6 footer 35 year old nephew!! I get in my truck and have to hold the snake with 1 hand while driving with the other since I did not have a bag to put him in...rookie mistake! I drove 15 miles to my home, uneventfully. The terrible scary reptile never bit me or anything. He did try several times to get away from this old reptile enthusiast, though. I got home and went to show my 5 year old nephew, so I park my truck and reach to put my truck in park, annnnnndd....BAM! The snake struck me in the forehead!!!! I remember thinking, "WOW, that's gratitude for you"! Well, I laughed it off and went on to show my nephew the prize I had and when finished, took the snake and turned him loose near the pond by our house and never saw him again! I still make fun of my big strapping nephew wheneve I see him. Sorry for the length of the Lost and for hi-jacking this post, just wanted to relay some humor into your day!

Buggy0123 likes this.
  6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi David, first of all it`s REALLY nice to see you posting again! As far as the above story is concerned, did you manage to get a photo of the "hit" or as so often happens with your misadventures you didn`t bother to have a camera handy????????? ;)

7. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Hey Stefan!

No, this was about 10 years ago like I said. I did not even think about taking a picture. He did not even draw blood, so no picture necessary.

How are things going with you?