This Disappears When Logged In

Hello!

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Groot, May 23, 2015.

1. Groot

Groot New Member

Hi, I'm new and decided to join a forum in case I ever have any questions about my turtle. The other forums I joined never confirmed me so...
    Anyways, two weeks ago I found a painted turtle hatchling in the middle of the road, he's about the size of a golden dollar and the day was very cold so I decided to bring him in. I already had a tadpole tank set up, so I just put a rock in it (then the next day I put in a turtle platform so he'd have more room, and also got a basking lamp and turtle food). I cooked him up some greens and he nibbled those just fine. Then within a couple days he got comfortable and started diving down and chased the tadpoles (it's the cutest thing to watch)! Now he eats worms and basically anything I give him from my hand and is so sweet! He finally caught a tadpole for the first time the other day, and will swim into my hand if I hold it down for him, but I don't pick him up very much because I read painted turtles are shy and don't like to be handled. He also begs for food and if I tap the side of the tank he goes to my finger and swims at it.
    I have plans to get him a bigger tank as soon as I find one on craigslist, because right now he's only in a ten gallon, but he does have a basking light which he likes a lot, and a turtle filter that I got at petco.
    I named him Vision, because I'm obviously a marvel fan xD
    Here are some pictures:
    swimming_vision_1_by_greencheekedgroot-d8tvupu.jpg
    untitled_by_greencheekedgroot-d8tvujk.jpg
    bottle_cap_by_greencheekedgroot-d8tvtw0.jpg
    When I found him on the road, he was so cold :(
    He actually came crawling over to me when I knelt down, which was SO CUTE.
    untitled_by_greencheekedgroot-d8tvuci.jpg
    His set up! I'm going to go collect more tadpoles since he's eaten all but two.
    I'll upload the picture of him eating the tadpole later. It's really cute :3

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I don't know much about turtles but he's a cute little guy.
    Welcome to Herp Center.

3. Groot

Groot New Member

Hi
    And thank you!

4. ferasaeva

ferasaeva Well-Known Member

So cute! Good luck to you and your little friend! Trust me, you'll love it here. Everyone is very informative and respectful!