This Disappears When Logged In

Hello To All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RaVeN666, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Unless its too large to swallow a live pinkie poses no danger to your snake. At that stage they are defenseless and many snakes don't even bother to kill them first but swallow them alive.

2. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

thats exactly it! I dont think my snake can swallow a pinky whole...at least the pinkys they have around here! My snake has a small little head! Im going to try the tadpole first, than maybe look for a small pinky!

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

He'll definately go for the tadpole. The pinkie would take some work to get him to accept it though. I'm sure your snake coud handle a pink no problem. The perfect size is about as wide as the widest part of his body. In other words, the right sized pink is gonna be bigger than his haed anyway.

4. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

Hey furryscally, I got a baby garter from the petstore and came home to find them coiled up together, thier so cute! The baby is more to the yellow color. Its so small and quick! They look absolutely adorable together! :D

5. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

Pic of my snakes!

heres a pic of both of them together! Thier so cute! :p

Attached Files:

6. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Heres what I did, when my garter was very small, now this is going to sound gross, but I chopped the pinky in half while frozen, let it thaw, then fed it to my garter, you would be much better if you can get him to eat mice, my garter is on hoppers now, I have read with just a fish and frog diet they can have seizures when they get older, as they arnt getting the right supplements.

If you fed live pinky, wouldn't it just drown in the water anyway? so you would be better with F/T and cut it up lol :D

Cute pic BTW, gorgeous :p

7. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

thanx, thats what i want to try to do. although its gross! lmao I wanna see how big the stores frozen pinky's are! i can probably cut it in half with my pops fishin knives and rub some minnows on it! I wanna give the little one a chance to settle in a bit better before feeding! Im going to have to put one snake in a separate tank while feeding the other, than waiting a day or two and do the opposite! The big one looks like it could easily eat the little one!
    Was it easy to cut the pinky???

8. Merlin

If you cut it while its still frozen solid it cuts very easily. If you let it thaw first it's mush!

9. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

thats good to know! Ill keep that in mind.

10. MalformedMessiah

MalformedMessiah Elite Member

*insert generic welcome message here*

:D

11. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Cute little dude :) Yeah, what Donna's talking about happened to one of my snakes after about a year or 2 of minnow eating. Fish have an enzyme called thiaminase and it destroys thiamine (vitamin B1). Well thiamine is used in the nervous system for something, so when its destroyed, they get seizures and get brain damage and will eventually die unless the diet is corrected. My Snaker lived due to heavy supplementation and a diet change, but he also has permanent brain damage too, and he's a little deformed in the face now cause he can't shed by himself anymore.

12. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

New Set Up!!

Got the cute lil snakes a new set up check it out!

Attached Files:

13. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Your snakey lives in a mansion!!!!!! :D

14. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

my TWO snakeys' =0)

15. Merlin

Very nicely done! I like it!

16. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

Thank you very much.

17. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I love the setup,,,,and a belated welcome to HC !!!

18. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

thank you, I hooked up my androctonus bicolors tank the same way! I think its looks really nice.

Attached Files:

19. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I think it looks awesome,,,,btw I'm an x NYC boy,,,,,,,Bronx

20. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

cool. Im in brooklyn. I live in Sheepshead Bay, but I spend most of my time in Coney Island! Im pretty sure u been there before!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.