This Disappears When Logged In

Hello To All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RaVeN666, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

Hello, My name is Trips. I live in Brooklyn NY! I collect bugs! I own 2 Emperor scorps, 3 Devil scorps, an Androctonus Bicolor, lots of little praying mantis nymphs (im sick of counting them), a garter snake, a skeleton tarantula, 3 fighting fish, a dwarf hamster, a parakeet, a red-eared slider, a chihuahua, a mutt and an american chameleon...i think thats about it! OOOh yea, and an unknown spiders egg sac (spider died)! My Hobbies are bugs...bugs...bugs! To me, Bugs are like Pokemon, you gotta catch em all! :D

2. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Welcome to the center raven!

There a couple invert pets hanging around nowadays. So have fun and post often and we go crazy for pics. :)

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Welcome to Herp Center! I hope you enjoy the site.

4. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Welcome to Herp Center!!!

Glad you could join us...I have a Rosehaired Tarantula along with my 5 iguanas, and some new aquisitions yet unnamed lol....Enjoy yourself...Lyn

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Welcome to HC! I have a few bugs, but not enough! Just a big pet peeve of mine though, they are green anoles, not american chameleons. Aside from both being lizards, they're not even raleted to chams.

6. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

7. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Beautiful beardie. As for the garter, those guppies you tried are better than minnows or goldies. Fish are fish to garter snakes, so it won't matter to him which one you feed him, but the guppies would be healthier. Have you tried worms? I feed my garters mice. They don't normally eat them, but there's a big health risk that involves feeding fish, frogs are too hard to come by, and worms don't make a good staple diet.

9. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

My favorite worm shop closed down! =0(

I've tried guppies...no luck
    I've tried gold fish...fish jumped out.
    I do have access to frogs and tadpoles, but I dont think the snake is too interested in food right about now so im going to wait a while, I dont wanna be stuck with a pet frog!

I might possibly try the frozen pinky, a friend said my snake looks like its large enough for a mouse. It is a little over 1' 6".
    I've had the snake for exactly 2 week on the dot, and im dieing to see it eat already!
    Do snakes go off food prior to a shed? This lil one seemed to have gotten darker, no sign of cloudy eyes yet!

10. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I wouldn't try the mouse just yet. You have to "train" them to accept rodents as food. Yeah, if he's going into a shed its usually best to hold back on food for a while. The problem could possibly be with his habitat, as it was for another member here. Took 5 months before her garter ate and it seems it was the habitat all along.

11. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

what was the problem with this persons habitat?

12. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

13. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

Ill lower the temp a bit them.. THIS SNAKE IS BAD! I was trying to get a decent shot of him and he got extremely tangled in my hair and kept slithering deeper and deeper and knoting everything up OMG!

got the shot after I untangled him tho. here it is lmao

Attached Files:

14. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

another, please excuse my ugly nails! haha

Attached Files:

15. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yeah, he looks like he might shed soon. I'd wait till he's done to try feeding him again.

16. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

u think so? I guess ill wait than. I love molts and shed. Scorpions are one of the best to watch! I've never seen a snake shed yet!

17. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Its a bit different. Usually you don't even see it happen. However, it will help him out if you put a rough rock or two in there. He has to rub his nose on something to break the old skin before he can slither out. Water will also help, and they like to soak anyway, so if you took out that dish you had the fish in, put it back in there.

18. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Welcome to HC! :)

19. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

WElcome to hc! You look just like razedahell. Are you her??? Sry, anyways I have seen her on arachnoboards before.

20. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

welcome to HC! glad you joined. great pics. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.