This Disappears When Logged In

Hello My Name Is Kim

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by boogieoogie, Jul 7, 2010.

1. boogieoogie

boogieoogie New Member

I was reading about other iguana stories. My iguana just passed away this morning.
    He was about 11 years old and absolutely beautiful with these bright blues and greens.
    He would come when I called him, his name was Iggy.
    He loved for me to hold him. He lived in my spare room in a cage that my husband built 8x8x8.
    He was about 5 feet long.
    He didn't look good over the last day and was going to be going to the vet on Friday to be checked.
    I just had a bad feeling that he wouldn't make it and was going to call the vet this morning to see if she could take him today. When I got up this morning he was laying upside down underneath this big tree he had. I picked him up and he took his last breath in my arms, it was very sad. I was so proud of him and really thought that I took great care of him since he lived so long. I loved him dearly and will miss him terribly. Just wanted to share my story. The Vets thought that I took great care of him, I just needed someone to say that, I feel like I let him down.

2. okiron

okiron Elite Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up, life happens even when you do your very best.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Hi Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about Iggy, It must be hard for you. Please don't blame yourself, it sounds like he had a pretty good life and trusted you. These thing happen, its life.
    Again sorry for your loss.

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Hi, Kim. I am sorry for your loss. Even when you do all of the right things, sometimes animals die. I am sure you did all you could and he had a happy 11 years with you.